Poker, the game of cards, can only be won if you bluff. All the knowledge and expertise starts and ends with the word bluff. The experienced players who have created history in the past, all of them have achieved the place only through one trick and that is bluffing. Here are some tips on how to sharpen your bluffing skills in order to win.
1. Do not bluff when the group is quite big. Bluffing is mostly easy and successful when there are only one or two people playing against you.
2. If you have very good cards in your hand and there is a chance of winning the bluff and to get caught by the opponent. If your opponent feels that you are bluffing then he/she might call out and you will win because of the strong cards in your hand.
3. While playing when you see that a player is calling frequently, then make sure not to bluff at the moment. Find top pair and only play hand for value in such a situation.
4. Try to avoid bluffing when your opponent is an expert or a layman. Experts may quickly predict your bluff whereas a new comer will keep calling.
5. Avoid bluffing if your cards are not good. In this kind of a situation another thing you can do is take refuge of semi bluff. When you do this the opponent will be forced to fold his card and you can draw one from the table which might make your hand strong.
6. Your face is going to be the mirror of your reaction, so when you bluff be sure not to change your expression. If you start playing a conservative game your opponent might think that you have a strong hand.
7. You must only bluff when you are pretty sure that your opponent has nothing. You can sometimes show your hand so that your opponent player takes you for granted. When showing hand make sure to unfold your medium strong cards and not the weak or strong ones.
8. If you have nothing in your hand, then you can bluff to cheat but if you have a strong hand make sure to save it in order to win.
There is no strict rule of bluffing and you can sharpen your skill with practice!